The VULS' volunteer Board of Directors is elected by the Vancouver Ultimate League Society membership at the Annual General Meeting. The Directors are assigned to various standing committees, with one Board liaison assigned to each operational committee. Board of Directors meetings are held approximately every eight weeks.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Board of Directors include the following:
- Ensuring the mission, vision, values, and strategic planning are the focus and direction of the organization;
- Providing effective oversight on the sound and ethical management of the Society and, more specifically, on the key components of Finance, Risk and Governance;
- Providing support to our membership generally and, more specifically, through our committees and programs.
- Working closely with the Executive Director to deliver against approved planning as well as objectives and overall direction;
- Developing, maintaining and approving governance policies;
- Ensuring that continual improvement is an ongoing practice and
- Most importantly, being advocates for the sport of Ultimate.
Do not hesitate to contact our current board members at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or feedback you would like to share. You can also consult the Board FAQ page for more information about the role of our Directors.