Information about the 2024 Art Hawkins Great Canadian Ultimate Game will be availble in early March 2024.
Join us and more than 30 Canadian communities on Saturday, June 10th for the 2023 Art Hawkins Great Canadian Ultimate Game.
Turn your love for Ultimate into an opportunity to raise funds to support the accessibility and development of Ultimate and Spirit of the Game in Canada with children, youth, and those with a disability, especially in economically disadvantaged communities. You could also win a cool prize!
Register and Donate
We are offering 4 donation levels. Your donation, minus a $10 registration fee, will be donated to the Art Hawkins Development Fund. People who register at the $50 donation level or higher will receive a tax receipt from Ultimate Canada.
Register and Win!
Register by midnight, June 7th and you could win one of our draw prizes:
- Whitecap FC Ticket Pack - four (4) Premium Tickets
- Team autographed Whitecap jersey
- Two (2) Lower Corner Tickets to a 2023 BC Lions Regular Season Home Game
- Brock Boeser Autographed Puck
- BC Ultimate prize pack
- Vancouver Ultimate League prize pack
Event Information for 2023
- Date: Saturday, June 10th, 2023
- Format: Hat
- Duration: One Day Tournament
- Game(s) will start at 2:30 p.m.
- Game(s) will finish at 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Jericho East
- Age: 19+, or 17+ with parental consent.
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome.
- People interested in donating to the Art Hawkins Development Fund but do not wish to play in the game can register as a non-participant
- Post Game Social - 4:30pm to 7:00pm at Castaways, 3293 W 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- Light appetizers will be served
About Art Hawkins
Art Hawkins was an influential and respected member of the VUL community for almost 20 years until his all too early passing in 2010.
Art started playing Ultimate in Vancouver in 1991 and was involved with more VUL teams as a player, coach or captain than can be named. Beyond the VUL, Art represented Canada at the 1999 and 2002 World Ultimate Club Championships and won Gold in the Master's Division at the 2000 Canadian Championships.
During the 2000s Art's involvement with the sport off the field grew substantially. He was a member of the VUL Board of Directors and was named Executive Director of the VUL in 2008. As ED, he was involved in strengthening the league’s clinic and mentoring programs and increasing the focus on junior development.
Art was a strong supporter of charities and created and ran the annual Elimination 8’s tournament, an event that continues to generate funds for local Vancouver charities. He also worked with Ultimate Canada to create the Great Canadian Ultimate Game.
In 2011 Ultimate Canada honoured his memory by naming this day-long game and celebration The Art Hawkins Great Canadian Ultimate Game.